Search

Custom Search

Sunday, October 5, 2008

which side is the petrol filler cap?

WHO KNEW THIS???
I have been driving for over 50 years. I would think I should have noticed the little secret on my dashboard that was staring me in the face the whole time...I didn't...and I bet you didn't either...Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the petrol station wondered...mmm, which side is the petrol filler cap?My normal solution was to stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look, try to see in the side mirrors or even get out of the car!!!!Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the petrol station or put your neck at risk of uncomfort or injury.If you look at your petrol gauge, you will see a small icon of a petrol pump?The handle of the petrol pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the petrol pump?If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left? If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo). It is that simple!

I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!WHY don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers?I don't understand why this isn't in the Highway Code or even the car manufacturers manual??I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me??The only possible explanation can be that all these people probably don't even know!Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

Source:-From Email

No comments: